Happy second last day of March!
I’m so excited because today I finally get to reveal the contents of my Foodie Pen Pals package
Here’s a quick recap of what the Foodie PenPals program is:
- At the beginning of each month, bloggers and blog readers receive their penpal pairing.
- You have until the 15th of the month to send your package, and on the last day of the month you reveal the goodies you were sent
- Packages are to be filled with foodie related items with a spending limit of $15. The box must also include something written.
- As a penpal you are responsible for contacting your penpal regarding any dietary issues/concerns. (i.e. vegan, gluten-free, peanut free).
- Foodie Penpals is open to US, Canadian, and UK residents. US residents are paired with US residents. Canadian residents are paired with Canadians. And UK residents are paired with UK residents. That way there’s no delay dealing with customs and everybody (hopefully) gets their package on time.
Now onto the goodies!
This was my first month participating in the Foodie Penpals program and I was beyond excited! I was paired with Char who blogs over at chareatsgreens.blogspot.ca and with Jocelyn who blogs over at jocelyneatsfresh.com.
I sent a package to Char, and received a lovely package from Jocelyn.
One of the really cool things about this program (besides receiving a package full of amazing goodies) is that you get the chance to meet and interact with new bloggers that you might not of known otherwise. I had a great time sending emails back and forth with both ladies, and I think the common theme of the emails was how excited we were to get our packages in the mail! I mean how often do you get a package sent to you filled with yummy food?
I think I’ve rambled on and on now for long enough…let’s get to my package!
But first I want to give a huge thank you to Jocelyn for putting together such a great one for me! Jocelyn told me that she didn’t really know a lot about gluten-free and vegan food, but she would do her best. And do her best she did! I was totally blown away when I received my package!
- chocolate soynut butter
- emergen-c packets
- vega whole food bars
- pur pomegranate mint gum
- VegNews magazine
- The Thrive Diet book
Surprisingly I’ve never tried soynut butter before- any opinions?
I’ve never tried Emergen-C powders either, but I’m saving these babies for when I get sick (fingers crossed that I don’t)! I love this pur gum!! The pomegranate mint flavour is the perfect combination of refreshing and fruity. And it’s aspartame free! I love that
Oh my goodness…the Chocolate Decadence Vega bar is simply amazing. When I first saw this bar I told myself I was only going to take a bite or two to simply “try out” the bar. Yeah, that didn’t happen. I ate the whole bar and wanted another one after that. So good. I have yet to try the Wholesome Original bar, or the Endurance bar, but I’m sure they’re just as delicious.
Easily my favourite goodie was the April edition of VegNews magazine. I normally buy a copy every month but hadn’t gotten around to it. Thanks Jocelyn
Jocelyn also included a copy of the Thrive Diet book by Brendan Brazier (he’s the talented ironman triathlete and mastermind behind the Vega brand). In one of her emails Jocelyn told me that she’s had the book for awhile and it’s very gently used. She felt that I would get more use out of it than she had. I have Brendan’s other book, so I was more than happy to add this to my collection
Overall my first experience as a Foodie Penpal was pretty awesome, and I’ve already signed up to participate again for the month of April
Have a great Friday!